Panelist Biosafety Information
The health of our panelists and staff are our primary concern. Panelists will be contacted to schedule appointments for all studies, including patch tests. You will only be admitted into the facility if you have a scheduled appointment.
Consumer Product Testing℠ Company, Inc. (CPT℠) has implemented a Biosafety and Security Policy, with the core objective of establishing sustainable safe operations for our employees and panelists, as a result of the COVID‐19 pandemic. We based our policy upon analyzing best practices and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Safety Council (NSC) and local and state guidance in New Jersey.
When you arrive at our facility, the new precautionary and safety procedures outlined below will help keep you and our staff safe during these challenging times.
- CPT℠ will be limiting the number of panelists in our facility at any one time.
- While on-site, you will need to adhere to Social Distancing protocols. You will be asked to remain 6 feet apart from one another when in any waiting area. Each area will have spacing markers on the floor.
- We ask that you patiently wait your turn and allow more time for your visit due to the social distancing regulations.
- Our Security Officers will be helping facilitate Social Distancing and compliance with all safety procedures.
- Prior to your visit, you will be asked a number of questions concerning your general health, and you will be required to confirm those answers when you visit the facility. Any panelist exhibiting signs of COVID‐19 will not be scheduled for a clinical trial and will be turned away from our facility should they appear.
- Panelists will be required to keep your appointment schedules.
- Panelists will be required to arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time. Personal items, other than identification required for participation, will not be allowed in the facility. You may be asked to wait in your car until you are called in to the building. Please dress appropriately.
- Panelists will not be allowed to have anyone accompany them into the facility for their appointment. No children or additional family members.
- Panelists will be required to wear masks that meet minimum standards for their protection and the safety of our staff in accordance with NJ State Mandate and the CPT℠ Biosafety and Security Policy. If the security officers deem that a mask does not meet the minimum standards, you will not be allowed in the building. You must keep the mask on at all times when onsite and in the facility.
- Panelists who are scheduled for a trial will have their temperature taken for a Pass/Fail and any panelist that fails will not be admitted to the facility.
- Panelists who are admitted into the facility will sanitize their hands prior to entering the laboratory and again on leaving the facility.
- Panelists shall refrain from touching hard surfaces, such as doorknobs, counters, and benches.
- Panelists shall refrain from using the CPT℠ restrooms. Please plan ahead.
- Panelists will follow all traffic flow patterns established in the building, following the visual cues, as well as all directions from staff for physical distancing.
- Panelists shall be provided trial documents, that need to be read and signed, in a container which will be sanitized after each use. Their daily schedule, instructions, and additional study paperwork will be provided in this sealed plastic zip‐lock bag. Each time that panelists arrive for their clinical trial, they will return with their trial documents in that sealed plastic zip‐lock bag.
- Panelists shall not loiter in the building, but will sanitize their hands on exiting the building immediately upon completion of their trial visit.
We want to make all of our panelists feel comfortable when participating in studies at our facility. We will be doing our best to make this a positive experience for all of our panelists. Thank you for participating at CPT℠ and we hope to see you soon.