Why Do You Test for Heavy Metals?
When it comes to pharmaceutical development and manufacturing, USP testing standards for heavy metals ensure quality, purity and consistency. With new regulations recently put in place, ensuring safe levels of elemental impurities has become more difficult to navigate. With the help of a professional testing laboratory, you can ensure the longevity of your brand.
CPT is committed to both our clients and their consumers. By determining the types and quantities of elemental impurities in our clients’ products, we minimize risk for the consumer and ensure our clients’ success.
CPT operates state-of-the-art Analytical, Microbiological, Clinical, Photobiology, and In-Vitro Toxicology testing laboratories, all of which are at your disposal in testing for the presence of heavy metals.
CPT is equipped with state-of-the-art Inductively Coupled Plasma – Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) and microwave digestion sample preparation systems to analyze any and all components of your product, and also the assembled and filled product itself. Our in-house experts are ready to speak with you, offering their advice in terms of your elemental impurities testing needs.
Although the USP has eliminated the traditional heavy metal testing methods, their new standards will ensure greater quality and safety. Using more accurate methods and advanced technology, CPT follows these new USP standards, which set safe limits with regard to public health.
We take every possible measure to assist our clients, supporting their efforts during this critical phase. The product being tested will determine what department ultimately assists in your evolving needs. Based on the complexity of cosmetic safety testing, our clients often take advantage of numerous departments, such as:
- Clinical — We perform testing on thousands of samples each year for safety and efficacy testing that will be an essential component of your pre-market testing and performance validation process.
- In-Vitro Toxicology — Over the past 10 years, as the interest in non-animal testing methods have increased, CPT has added services to meet the needs of the cosmetics industry.
- Microbiology — As expected, microbiology and formulation go hand-in-hand for cosmetic safety testing. From preservative effectiveness and microbial screening testing to stability testing programs, we offer programs for all areas of cosmetic testing.
- Photobiology — We are industry leaders in our photobiology capabilities, offering SPF, water resistant, In-Vitro testing and more.
- Analytical — Offering method development, batch release, impurities, and stability testing support, CPT has partnered with client firms for their cosmetic and OTC product testing needs.