Human Repeat Insult Patch Test – HRIPT/RIPT
Before launching a product that will come into contact with the skin, it’s imperative that a human repeat insult patch test (HRIPT or RIPT test) is administered. Whether you plan on producing cosmetics or personal care products, when operating in the field of skin care, product testing is a necessary part of the process.
CPT℠ is committed to both our clients and their consumers. By performing clinical trials, a repeat insult patch test can help determine any potential irritation or sensitization issues, minimizing the risk of potential reactions for the consumer and ensuring our clients’ success.
Using our specialized departments and well-respected lab facility, we test a wide range of products at CPT℠. Whether you want to remove chemicals of concern, reformulate your product, meet labeling requirements or achieve a specific result within a clinical trial, examples of products that can be subjected to a HRIPT test include, but are not limited, to:
- Skin care products, including creams, lotions, serums
- Personal care products, such as shampoos, body washes
- Therapeutic products
- Laundry detergent
- Specialty ingredients
Our Proprietary Technology and Commitment to Safety
CPT℠ has continually improved our custom made proprietary patches to provide the lowest possible chance of non-product related reactions that one can get with off-the-shelf patches. Clients appreciate and benefit from the additional level of research and care that CPT℠ takes in our commitment to safety of our panelists. This is why CPT℠ is the worldwide leader in HRIPT testing.
For more than 45 years, CPT℠ has been providing HRIPT testing to clients around the world. With the largest HRIPT facility in the world we have the capability to get your product on test quickly and with the highest level of expertise.
Based on the individual needs of our clients, we offer a wide range of support across various departments. Since initial product testing can be fairly complex in terms of a high-quality, safe and trusted product, our clients typically explore the benefits of numerous departments and areas of expertise, including:
- Clinical — Conducting an HRIPT test, our clinical department will help you determine whether or not your product yields sensitization and irritation potential. Upon request, tests can be performed in order to support claims, such as ‘dermatologist-tested.’
- In-Vitro Safety — Our safety department assists clients when aiming to perform skin-irritation tests, ocular-irritation tests, skin-corrosion tests, etc.
- Microbiology — Before conducting an HRIPT test on a potential human test panel, microbiology and toxicology data may be necessary. This will help improve the quality of the product being tested.
- Photobiology — When a product is applied topically, it’s important to understand how molecules will change when exposed to UV light. This is ideal when aiming to test the phototoxic and photoallergic reaction potential of a product.
- Analytical — From stability shelf-life testing to low-level impurities detection claims, before a product is launched, our analytical department ensures that all requirements are met based on industry and regulatory standards.
- Consulting – Our consulting staff can perform GMP and GLP audits of your facilities or vendors, help create SOPs, develop Raw Material testing programs, etc.