Testing Cosmetics/Personal Care Products
Before a new cosmetic or personal care product hits the market, it needs to meet an extensive list of requirements and standards. Cosmetic safety testing is imperative for both our clients and the general public.
If you plan on bringing cosmetics or personal care products to the marketplace, you will need to set up initial testing to reduce risk and ensure the longevity of your company. Covering a range of products, CPT℠ will test and verify formulas based on their contents — but this is just the beginning.
We possess a wide range of expertise in relation to cosmetic safety testing and the efficacy of personal care products. Efficacy testing involves a series of procedures, completed during product research and development, which test the product’s intended purpose in order to substantiate the claims that appear on the product’s packaging and in advertisements. Based on FDA and International standards, some of the products we regularly test include, but are certainly not limited to:
In addition, our experts are also available to discuss and address the most complex inquiries. These in-depth questions often circulate around unique or unusual products. With more than 40 years of experience, we continue to offer the type of service that is not only reliable and trusted, but also well-respected.
We take every possible measure to assist our clients, supporting their efforts during this critical phase. The product being tested will determine what department ultimately assists in your evolving needs. Based on the complexity of cosmetic safety testing, our clients often take advantage of numerous departments, such as:
- Clinical — If testing a lotion, for instance, dermal irritation and sensitization testing will be an essential component of the pre-market testing and validation process.
- In-Vitro Safety — Over the past 10 years, we have maintained focus on our in-vitro program for dermal and ocular irritation screening.
- Microbiology — As expected, microbiology and formulation go hand-in-hand for cosmetic safety testing. From stability testing programs to sterility validation, we offer programs for all areas of cosmetic testing.
- Photobiology — We are industry leaders in terms of our photobiology capabilities, offering SPF protecting efficacy, water resistant testing and more.
- Analytical — Offering both development and testing support, CPT℠ has partnered with client firms to submit properly executed DNA, IND and ANDA documents.