Period After Opening Testing
Determining the “period after opening dating” of a product generates valuable information about the viability of your product once it has been open. This is important as it relates to the overall consumer experience associated with your product. The inclusion of physical, microbiological and chemical testing can ensure consumer satisfaction, EU regulatory compliance and support the longevity of your brand.
CPT is committed to both our clients and their consumers. By determining the period of time that a product remains suitable for use after its primary container has been opened, we minimize risk for the consumer and ensure our clients’ success.
CPT operates state-of-the-art Analytical, Microbiological, Clinical, Photobiology, and In Vitro Toxicology testing laboratories, all of which are at your disposal in the determining of cosmetic product safety, suitability, shelf life and period after opening.
Using our specialized departments and well-respected lab facility, we test a wide range of cosmetics at CPT. Our in-house experts offer guidance to determine the period of opening of your products while ensuring compliance and accommodating your budgetary concerns.
Understanding the potential variables which influence a product’s period after opening is the first step. From the stability of the preservative system to the impact of consumer usage habits, rigorous testing conducted by an experienced laboratory can provide you with the answers you seek.
Based on the individual needs of our clients, we offer a wide range of support across various departments. Since initial product testing can be fairly complex in terms of a high-quality, safe and trusted product, our clients typically explore the benefits of numerous departments and areas of expertise, including:
- Clinical —Testing can be performed for safety, consumer in-use, and to support claims, such as ‘dermatologist-tested’ and ‘ophthalmologist-tested.’
- In-Vitro Safety — Our in-vitro safety department assists clients when they are looking to perform non-animal or animal-free toxicology testing.
- Microbiology — Microbial contamination and preservative testing is key to cosmetic products.
- Photobiology —From SPF and Water Resistant claims to PhotoAllergy and Phototoxicity studies, CPT is the world leader in sunscreen testing.
- Analytical — From raw materials, batch release, and stability shelf-life testing to “free-of” and low-level detection claims, our analytical department ensures that all requirements are met based on industry standards.