Synthetic and natural preservatives encumber accidental microbial contamination that may occur over the course of normal product use. Preservative efficacy testing is essential for cosmetic, pharmaceutical and personal care product manufacturers to identify which preservative combination(s) and concentration(s) are appropriate to microbial growth prevention while minimizing undesirable preservative side effects. Moreover, preservative formulations must meet regulatory standards for the protection of human health and market approval.
CPT has state-of-the-art analytical, microbiological, clinical, photobiology, and in-vitro toxicology testing laboratories, all of which are at your disposal in the determining of product safety, efficacy and efficiency.
Our in-house experts help manufacturers determine the most effective preservative combination(s) and concentration(s) to include in a formulation as well as preservative stability under “shelf storage” conditions.
Using our specialized departments and well-respected lab facility, we test a wide range of products at CPT, including pharmaceutical, cosmetic and personal care products. Our specialists offer guidance to determine the efficacy of these products while ensuring compliance and accommodating your budgetary concerns.
Based on the individual needs of our clients, we offer a wide range of support across various departments. Since initial product testing can be fairly complex in terms of a high-quality, safe and trusted product, our clients typically explore the benefits of numerous departments and areas of expertise, including:
- Clinical — Efficacy trials can be performed for safety, consumer in-use, and to support claims, such as ‘dermatologist-tested’ and ‘ophthalmologist-tested.’
- In-Vitro Safety — Our in-vitro safety department assists clients when they are looking to perform non-animal or animal-free toxicology testing.
- Microbiology — Microbial contamination and preservative testing is key to cosmetic products.
- Photobiology — From SPF and Water Resistant claims to PhotoAllergy and Phototoxicity studies, CPT is the world leader in sunscreen testing.
- Analytical — From raw materials, batch release, and stability shelf-life testing to “free-of” and low-level detection claims, our analytical department ensures that all requirements are met based on industry standards.